I’m Here, I’m There, I’m Everywhere!
Apologies to Dr, Seuss, and to you, my readers, but sometimes you just get so busy that you forget you haven’t updated your blog in far too long (yeah, I know, Bad Neal). So here’s a quick rundown of some things I’ve done recently and some things that are on their way.
Understanding Twitter, Presented to the Center City Proprietors Association
On February 17, I gave a lecture to members of the Center City Proprietors Association called Understanding Twitter. It was a really fun event and I’d like to thank the CCPA for inviting me to present, everyone who attended (you were a great audience) and the law firm of Caesar, Rivise, Bernstein, Cohen & Pokotilow for hosting the event. I’ll be posting the PowerPoint deck shortly, but here are some pictures.
Upcoming Speaking Events
Over the next few months, I’ll be presenting at several events. Some of them are listed below, but several others are still in the planning stages, so stay tuned. Details will be announced shortly. I hope to see you there.
- April 20: Center for Architecture Spring Seminar Series
- TBD: Social Media 101: How to use Social Media for Fun & Profit
- TBD: JobCamp: Using Social Media to Find a New Job
- TBD: PhillyTweetUp: We coming back with a new format and locations.
A2SM Interview: Podcast #9: Chris Heuer, Founder of the Social Media Club
On February 19 Seth Goldstein and I interviewed Chris Heuer, Founder of the Social Media Club for our Addicted to Social Media Podcast Series. Since starting SMC about 3 years ago, the club has spread to over 100 cities around the world. Learn about what’s going on with the Social Media Club and what Chris’s plans are for the future. Click here to listen.
Also in this podcast:
- Neal Presented “Understanding Twitter” to Philadelphia’s Center City Proprietor’s Association
- PR nightmare: How fat is too fat for Southwest Airlines (ask Kevin Smith)?
- Schools spying on your kids via their Webcams
- Seth’s Pick of the Week: Google Buzz
- My Pick of the Week: Yoono
Talking About SaveNASA
On February 3, I was a special guest on the Talking Space Podcast discussing President Obama’s budget proposal for NASA and its implications for the future of American human spaceflight. You can listen to the podcast here. If it sounds a bit choppy, that’s because the conversation was cut from over 2 hours to about one. Sorry about that.
Read my post about Facebook’s Nefarious Plot to Destroy Email Forever! (and Own YOU in the Process) originally posted on Addicted to Social Media back on January 20.